Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 4, 2022

A Brief Post On Senscritique

 I'm not sure how many of you are familiar with Senscritique. In case you're not, allow me to explain: 

Senscritique is a French-language website that allows its users to rate and review various pieces of media. Think of it as IMDB, except not limited to movies, shows and games.  Anyway, I've been a member of SC for many years now and I've never had any complaints about the site. Until now, that is. 

You see, yesterday the new improved'version of Senscritique was launched and to the surprise of absolutely no-one, its actually worse than the old one. Not only is the site clunkier to navigate (at least, that's my impression), but several features of the old site have disappeared. For example, you know how, on of these type of sides (IMDB, Letterboxd, etc), you are usually able to chose how you want to display the items you've rated? Whether in the form of a list, or on a grid? Well, that option is no longer available: It's the list format or nothing now, mes amis. Something which is quite annoying for those like me, who prefered the alternative.

Judging from some of the comments available here (note: article and comments are in French), I'm not the only person who isn't exactly happy with these changes. I sincerely hope that the staff of Senscritique pays attention to the feedback and restores some of the old functions. Because as it is, this has severely put a damper on my enjoyment of a site, that, up until now, was one of my favorite places on the Internet.

Update (05/10 -22): I just learned that the ancient site is still accessible at old.senscritique.com. Question is for how long?


No comments:

Post a Comment