Search This Blog

Saturday, January 16, 2016

Regarding Lists

For awhile now I've been thinking of updating and expanding my old Top Animated Shows list. I'm not sure when I'll get around to it, but it will be sometime this year.
One thing I decided to do with this updated list is that I will no longer rank the shows on it in any particular order. This is mostly because I find it more and more difficult to do so. Yes, Revolutionary Girl Utena remains my number one (I doubt that will change anytime soon), but beyond that it gets a bit more iffy. After all, tastes are complicated and may change with time and while I haven't grown to dislike any of the shows on my old list, some of them I like a bit less than I used to.
So, yes, the new list will most likely be in alphabetical order, though I also consider listing the shows chronologically, with the oldest one first. I haven't decided yet.

Than again, other option would be to follow in Flawfinder's footsteps and simply do a list of things I like in any medium, without any descriptions. One advantage to this format would be that I could easily go back to it and either add new favorites or remove old ones that I feel no longer interest me. I must admit that its an idea I find appealing.

No comments:

Post a Comment