Search This Blog

Monday, October 13, 2014

MacBeth

I'm by no means an opera-buff, but lately I've begun to take an interest in this art-form. It all started last year, when the local cinema began broadcasting live-performances from the Metropolitan in New York. I went to see Puccini's Tosca and enjoyed it immensely. this Saturday I saw MacBeth, Verdi's Opera, based on one of my favorite Shakespeare-plays.

MacBeth is my first Verdi-Opera and having seen it, it's no wonder why Verdi is regarded as one of the greatest composers. The music and singing was excellent, from the fast-paced tunes of the witches' chorus, to the dark and intense melodies highlighting the evil deeds of MacBeth and his wife and their respective descent into their own self-created Hell.

All in all, an evening well-spent.



No comments:

Post a Comment