Search This Blog

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Viktor Takes Manhattan

I seldom write about my personal life on this blog, mostly because I rarely feel that my personal life is worth writing about. That said, I did recently get back from a one-week trip to New York (accompanied by my parents and my younger sister) and so, I thought I'd write a bit about my stay there.

The first night we spent on Long Island, at the home of my dad's cousin (who immigrated to the States at a young age) and his wife. Both of them were nice people and in the off-chance that they might read this, I'd like to take an opportunity to thank them for their hospitality. The next day, we took the train to Manhattan and the hotel we had booked. For the duration of our stay, we mostly did typical tourist-stuff: We went to museums (such as the Guggenheim), took the Staten Island Ferry and saw the Statue of Liberty (though we didn't go up in it, maybe next time), ate at some really good restaurants (including a Brazilian one, my first time eating Brazilian food) and so forth. Of course, I also made time to buy a few books, some of which I will no doubt review on the blog in the future.

All in all, I definitely enjoyed my trip to New York (well, the parts of it we visited, which was mostly Manhattan) and wouldn't mind going again some other time. That said, it's nice to be home and able to sleep in one's own bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment