Search This Blog

Monday, August 28, 2017

Chapter 24

There exists within the gardens of the Vinolian palace,several spots where a person might go to should they feel the need for some privacy, while being outdoors. 
It was to one of these secluded spots that Nasari had steered her steps. The place in question was her favorite to come to whenever she needed to get away. There was a goldfish pond there and the female feline would sit down near its edge, looking at the pond's denizens swimming to and fro, without a care in the world. It was an activity which she found relaxing.

Though she was loath to admit it, Nasari had felt a twinge of gratitude when one of the other chambermaids had told her that Argath had given her the day off. She was glad for the small holiday, not only because yesterday and the night that followed had been quite busy, but also because it would give her the opportunity for some quiet contemplation. As she leaned forward, the goldfish nibbling at the finger she had dipped into the cool, clear water, Nasari thought back to the night before:

She had just been about to get into bed, following a busy day's work, when she heard someone knocking at her bedroom door. Now, we should point out that normally, the Queen's chambermaids usually had to share a room, but Nasari had been given a room of her own, ostensibly because of whose wife she happened to be. It was not a large room by any means, but it was enough.
Another thing that should be pointed out is that Nasari, like most citizens of Vinoli who were covered in fur, was in the habit of sleeping in the nude. However, since it was still considered impolite to answer the door in your birthday suit, she hurriedly wrapped herself in her nightgown and went to answer. 
She was not surprised when she saw Miranda standing in the doorway.

"I'm sorry to bother you" the younger woman said in a hushed voice. "But I need to talk to you, can I come in?"

"Can't this wait 'til tomorrow?" Nasari asked, stifling a yawn.

Miranda shook her head.

"Very well" Nasari said. "Come in."

She stepped aside, allowing Miranda to enter. As soon as the raccoon was inside, Nasari shut the door.

"Thank you."

"So, what was it you wanted to talk about?"

"Us."

"I am listening."

The room's only window stood open, letting in the night air, but Miranda felt warm either way. She pulled at the collar of the blue chemise she was wearing. Her eyes fell upon the jug which stood on the nightstand.

"I need something to drink first", she said.

Nasari poured some water into the clay mug next to the jug and handed it to her. She drank greedily, then wiped her mouth with the backside of her paw.

"Thank you", she said, putting the empty mug back.

Nasari sat down on the bed. Her eyes were beginning to feel heavy. She blinked a few times. Miranda sat down next to her and began to talk:

"From the moment I first saw you, looking at that painting, you fascinated me. Who is this? I asked myself. She's beautiful, but she seems sad at the same time. I felt an urge to cheer you up, so I approached you and struck up the conversation, using the Carazzio as an excuse. I was so happy when we became friends, but I wanted us to be more than that; I wanted to feel your body pressed against mine, our tongues wrestle in our mouths. I lied awake, fantasizing about you. Even when I was with the Queen, I..."

She paused, noticing the expression on her friend's face, it was the kind of expression that someone makes when the person next to them has just broken wind, or perhaps confessed to murder.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" She wondered, before a light went off in her head. "Oh, its because I mentioned being with the Queen, isn't it? But I'm not the only one, all of us have. Surely, you must have known? Its hardly secret."

Nasari shook her head.

"No, I knew, its just that the two of you together..." She shuddered, "How could you?!" She asked, her voice suddenly louder than she had intended. "Do you even like her?!"

"Its not about whether I like her or not." As Miranda talked, a shadow passed over her features. "I haven't told you this, but I come from terrible circumstances, most of the maids do. The Queen saved us from them. I know that she can be...difficult at times, but if not for her, my life would have been much worse and probably shorter and I wouldn't be able to sit here, talking to you."

Those last words were accompanied by a smile, which tugged on Nasari's heartstrings. Suddenly, she felt overcome by compassion; not just for Miranda, but for all the maids in Argath's service. She had no doubt that some of them climbed into the Queen's bed willingly. After all, there was no accounting for taste and, as she knew Argath could be generous when she wanted to be, but what about those that only did so out of a sense of obligation, or worse, a fear of what would happen should they refuse?

"You are crying", Miranda said. "Was it something I said?"

"Its nothing". Nasari dried her tears and looked at the raccoon. "Please, continue."

Miranda nodded, her fingertips lightly brushed against Nasari's knuckles.

"I wanted the two of us to be more than just friends, but I wasn't sure how to tell you how I felt.
Perhaps I was afraid that you wouldn't feel the same way and that you'd reject me, so I kept quiet about my feelings. Then you angered the Queen and she forced me to use the castigator on you."

Miranda shuddered.

"At that moment, I hated myself and I was sure that you would hate me to; that even our friendship would be no more."

Now it was Miranda who cried; her tears running silently down her cheeks.

"It was silly of you to think that I would let something like that end our friendship", Nasari said. She looked her friend in the eye and smiled reassuringly. "I knew that you were not the one to blame."

"Still, I blamed myself. Seeing you lying there, having taken all that abuse, I felt so awful. I wanted to make it up to you somehow and I thought that tending to your bruises would be a good way to do that, but as I began to apply the lotion, I..." Miranda's face turned a shade of red and she looked down on the floor.

"I'm ashamed to admit it, but I became aroused. As I kept massaging you, my desires, which I had kept pent-up, screamed to be released. Eventually, it was as if I couldn't control myself anymore and that's..."

"...That's when you kissed me", Nasari interrupted.

"Yes. I couldn't believe what I was doing. Any second now, I thought, she'll push me away and her face will have that shocked and hurt expression on it, as if I had betrayed her trust, but you never did."

"No, I did not." I should have, but I did not.

"That's when I became certain that you and I both had the same feelings for each other. I'm not wrong, am I, Nasari? Tell me that I'm not wrong." She said, looking at Nasari with round, pleading eyes.

"No, Miranda, you're not wrong. During the brief time that we have known each other, I have come to feel for you in a way that I never thought I would feel towards another woman and that is a problem."

"I don't understand."

"Miranda, I have a husband."

Miranda crossed her arms and let out a derisive snort.

"Of course, the famous General Jeraddin. Tell me, Nasari, where is he now? Why is it that you live in the palace and he does not?"

For a moment, Nasari considered revealing the reason for why she and her husband lived separately to Miranda, but then she decided against it. Such knowledge would only serve to put the younger woman's life at risk. She got a brief vision of a knife slashing Miranda's throat and shuddered.

"I'm sorry", she said. "I can't tell you."

"Fine, I won't insist, but you should know that there's a rumor going on about your husband among several of the other girls."

"What kind of rumor is that?"

Miranda hesitated, a hard edge had crept into Nasari's voice. Perhaps she had said too much.

"Its not a very nice one I'm afraid. Are you sure you want to hear it?"

"I'm sure."

"Well, its like this: They think that the reason why you're here is because the General has a lover and that when you found out, you demanded a divorce, but the General did not wish to pay alimony, so he used his clout with the Queen to have you confined to the palace."

As she listened to her friend's words, Nasari's body shook with suppressed mirth. Finally, the female cat could not contain herself any longer and she fell backwards, laughing uproariously.

Miranda was confused, this was not reaction she had expected.

"I thought you'd be angry", she said.

Nasari sat up

"How could I be? Being angry would mean that I actually took such a ridiculous rumor seriously. I suppose that the Queen knows about this?"

"She does. So, there's really no truth to it at all?"

"Of course not. The very thought is absurd."

"Oh."

For a moment, silence reigned in the room. Then, Miranda rose from the bed.

"Are you leaving?" Nasari wondered.

Miranda looked over her shoulder.

"I've told you everything", she said. "You must be tired, I apologize for having kept you up for so long."

She made as if to leave, but just then, Nasari grabbed hold of her wrist.

"Wait!"

Surprised, Miranda turned around and as she did, Nasari returned the kiss she had been given, pressing her lips against hers. Soon, the narrow bed shook and ecstatic gasps filled the room, as two bodies became one.

Afterwards, Miranda had fallen asleep, but sleep eluded Nasari. She had lied awake, staring up into the ceiling, alone with her thoughts.


*****

"Coin for your thoughts?"

Nasari had been so deep in thought that she had failed to notice that she was no longer alone.
Upon seeing her husband's face reflected in the water and hearing his familiar voice in her ear, she was so startled that she almost fell into the pond.
Fortunately, she was caught just in time.

"Careful, Dear", the lynx said, helping his wife up on her feet. "You almost took an involuntary bath."
Nasari stared at her husband as if she had just seen a ghost.

"Jeraddin? What are you doing here?"

"What matters the reason, Nasari? I'm here, is that not enough?"

With those words, Jeraddin wrapped his arms around his spouse and pressed her to his chest. He waited for her to return his embrace, but to his surprise, she gently pushed him away.

"What's wrong?" He asked. "Aren't you glad to see me?"

"Of course I am, its just...."

Nasari bit her lip, the lingering feeling of guilt that she had carried with her all day, was growing stronger. She had never thought herself capable of infidelity, let alone with someone of the same sex, but that was exactly what had happened.
Having so irrevocably broken her vows, accepting her partner's touch as if everything was normal, struck the feline as the worst form of hypocrisy. He did not deserve to be deceived in such a fashion.

"Jer", she said. "We need to talk."

Jeraddin nodded, there was a serious look on his face.

"I agree. There are a few things I want to say to you."He pointed to a bench standing under a peach-tree a short distance from the pond.

"Why don't we go and sit over there? It'd be nice to be in the shade, don't you think?"
The two of them walked over to the bench and sat down. Almost immediately, Jeraddin gently took Nasari's paws into his own.

"How are you holding up?" He asked, as he looked into her eyes.
Nasari, who was still working up the courage to admit her infidelity found herself caught off-guard by the question. She asked her husband what he meant.

"Living here in the palace, of course. It must be hard for you."

"It is."

"If there's anything I can do to make it easier for you. Do you have all of your possessions?"

"I believe so."

"That's good."

Jeraddin nodded contentedly, though he was puzzled by the distant tone in his spouse's voice. It was as if she was someplace else. Well, if something was bothering her, she would no doubt let him know before he had to leave.
Leave. Oh, yes, it was time to tell her the actual reason why he was here.

"Nasari, I'm sorry for monopolizing this conversation, but there is something important I need to say."

Nasari looked at Jeraddin; the tender smile he had previously sported had vanished. She wondered what was going on.

"You asked the reason for my appearance", he began. "The truth is that I will be out of the country for awhile."

"Why?" Nasari asked and Jeraddin couldn't help but be pleased to notice that she was listening with rapt attention. "Where are you going?"

"To war. The Queen has decided to invade Frigonia and she has picked me to do the dirty work."
He sighed.

"I have a feeling that there's going to be more wars in the future and that Vinoli will be the aggressor in the majority of them. Nasari, if the worst should happen and I would not be able to come back alive...."

"Don't say that", Nasari pleaded, terrified by Jeraddin's words. "I don't want to think about such things!"

"Listen to me". Jeraddin put his paws on Nasari's shoulders. "If such a thing should happen, you must find a way to get out of the palace. No, out of the country, as soon as you hear of my demise. Money will be no problem, trust me on that."

Having said all this, Jeraddin relaxed, his smile returned.

"Still, you're right, this is to pleasant a day to think of such morbid things. "Now, what was it you wanted to tell me? I am all ears."

Nasari took a deep breath. This was it, time to unburden herself. She just hoped that Jeraddin wouldn't despise her too much.

"Jer", she said. "I have...I am seeing somebody."

There, Nasari thought. Now its all out.

She glanced at her husband to see what his reaction would be. Jeraddin was staring out into space, his mouth a thin line.

"Who is he?" He asked suddenly, his voice flat and without emotion.

Nasari swallowed.

"Actually, its a she. Her name is Miranda."

This prompted a reaction from Jeraddin, he turned his head and looked at Nasari with genuine surprise.

"Really?"

"Yes."

Jeraddin did not say anything else, still processing what he had just heard. Nasari being unfaithful to him? With another woman, no less? Had she not told him herself, he would have found it hard to believe. Miranda, where had he heard that name before? Ah, yes, the female raccoon who had been in the throne room, the Queen had addressed her by that name. So, she was the one.

Nasari looked at Jeraddin with growing anxiety. She wished that he would say something, that he would yell at her, or strike her even. Anything would be preferable to this awful silence.

"Tell me, how did this happen?"

 Nasari sent a silent prayer of thanks to whatever Gods were watching. At least, he was still talking to her.

"Are you sure you want to hear this?" She asked.

"Yes, I need to know."

Well, what other choice did Nasari have? She began to tell Jeraddin everything, concluding with the events that had transpired last night. Jeraddin listened to his wife's story with his eyes closed and a pained expression on his face. Behind closed eyelids, his mind conjured up images of Miranda bringing Nasari the kind of pleasure he had thought that he alone could give her. Against his will, Jeraddin felt the fabric around his crotch tighten. He shifted uncomfortably in his seat.

Though Jeraddin did his best to conceal the bulge, Nasari couldn't help but notice it.

Poor thing, she thought. I'd like to help him, but I'm not sure he wants my help and who can blame him?

"Now you know everything", she said. "If you hate me now, I  understand it."

Jeraddin sighed.

"There's one thing I need to know, Nasari. This person; do you love her?"

"I do, as much as I love you. I realize that's probably not what you want to hear, but I can not lie to you. You deserve to know the truth, even if it may be painful."

"I see", Jeraddin, said and became quiet again.

"You do realize" he said, after awhile, that according to our laws I have the right to punish you for this?"

Nasari nodded.

"Yes and I shall accept whatever punishment you deem sufficient" she said, lowering her gaze. "Its only fair."

"The thing is though, I've never been big on punishment and frankly, I don't see the point. After all, its not like I can prevent you from seeing this Miranda person. Besides, I realize that being in this place, so close to you-know-who can not be easy for you. So, if it makes you happy, than I shall accept your lover."

Nasari covered her mouth. She stared at her husband with naked admiration. Never before had he seemed as noble or generous to her as he did this moment.

"Oh, Jer, thank you" she said, overcome with emotion. "Thank you."

It then occurred to Nasari that she could show her gratitude, by other ways than just mere words.

"Want me to take care of that for you?" She asked.

Following his wife's gaze, Jeraddin looked down at the area around his crotch. A flush of embarrassment came over him; he should have known that Nasari would have noticed something like that.
He nodded and Nasari got down on her knees and, unbuckling Jeraddin's belt, stripped him off his pants, exposing his already erect cock to the breeze.

Nasari gazed admiringly at the sight of her husband's ample maleness. When the two of them had lived together and slept in the same bed she had gotten used to it, but now, when she hadn't seen it for awhile she remembered what an impressive sight it was.

She sat down on the grass and began to fondle Jeraddin's testicles, causing him to moan with pleasure. While doing this, Nasari's mind wandered back in time to when she and Jeraddin had just become engaged.

One of her friends from school, whom had gotten married to a Marquis a few years earlier had invited Nasari and a few others over to a little get-together. Her husband was away on business and a nanny was watching the children, so the discussion between the young ladies were more free-spirited than it would perhaps have been otherwise.

Eventually, the topic of sex had reared its head as the younger, less experienced guests wondered if their hostess would have some insight into that topic. The Marquise had leaned forward like a conspirator in a stage-play and asked them in hushed tones if they had ever heard of something called oral sex. Of course, being girls of good family they had not, or if they had, they pretended not to know it.

"Well", the Marquise  had said. "Its something that my husband convinced me to perform on him the first time we slept together and let me tell you ladies, it was the last time I did it."

She then proceeded to lay out in detail the whole process, while her audience listened, both repulsed and fascinated by this new evidence of the opposite sex' inherent depravity. The Marquise had then turned to one of her guests:

"You're getting married soon, aren't you, Nasari?" She had asked. "To that handsome young cadet of yours. He's going to want you to do it at least once."

"Nonsense", Nasari had answered, dismissing her hostess' claim. "My Jeraddin is a perfect gentleman, I doubt he even knows what oral sex is."

The Marquise had not offered a counter-argument, but had contended herself with merely smiling knowingly.

Eventually, the wedding-day had come and on that night, Jeraddin carried his wife over the threshold to their bedchamber, where they would consummate their marriage. It was the first time either of them had seen the other one naked and as they undressed, Nasari drank in the sight of Jeraddin's athletic body, his broad shoulders and narrow hips.
.
Her eyes had eventually stopped at the area between the lynx's legs and immediately, the Marquise's story and what she had told Nasari at that party, came back into the young feline's mind.
However, as she stared for the first time at her life-mate's cock, Nasari found herself seized by a desire to know what such a thing could taste like.

Thus, contrary to what the Marquise had foretold, it was Nasari who seized the initiative.
First, she began to hesitatingly lick the penis, asking Jeraddin if he enjoyed it.
He had only managed to nod, staring down at her adoringly.
Emboldened by this, Nasari had taken the full length in her mouth.
In that moment, Nasari came to the conclusion that her old friend from school had been mistaken: She could find nothing filthy or degrading about what she now did. It was an act of love, one that brought her as much pleasure as it did the person she performed it on.

However, as she kept fellating her newly minted spouse, there was a certain part of Nasari's anatomy had started to voice its protest over being left out. Eventually, said protests grew so loud that there was no other way to silence them, by giving in. Something Nasari had done without hesitation. Smiling at Jeraddin, she had stood up and walked over to the bed. Lying down upon it, she spread her legs, beckoning for her husband to join her.
He did and nine months after their duo had become a trio.



In the present, Jeraddin closed his eyes and leaned back, savoring the feeling of Nasari's tongue wrapped around his penis. Finally, he could not hold back any longer: His body shook with pleasure and a roar rose up from his throat, as he erupted like a geyser, filling his wife's mouth with his seed.

*****

"I'm afraid I can't tarry any longer", Jeraddin said, as he put his pants back on. "I must leave."

"Be careful out there. I've already lost my children, I don't want to lose you too."

Jeraddin kissed her on the cheek.

"You know as well as I do that our children aren't dead."

"
I know" Nasari said. "Its just that, sometimes, it feels like they are."

She thought of Risha, her beautiful daughter and of Leorin, her baby-boy. Jeraddin wrapped his arms around his wife and Nasari buried her face in his breast, staining his uniform with her tears.















No comments:

Post a Comment