Search This Blog

Thursday, April 14, 2016

Visiting Prague

For once, the lack of new posts is not due to the blogger's habitual laziness. I spent the past few days in Prague, accompanied by my parents and only recently got back home. I enjoyed my visit to the Czech capital immensely; Prague is a beautiful city, with impressive architecture Its easy to see how writers like Gustav Meyrink could create some of their most famous works living there.
We were fortunate enough to have good weather, which certainly aided the experience. The only time we experienced rain was during our last evening in the city.

Among the highlights of my visit, I must especially mention the Karel Zeman Museum. For those not in the know, Karel Zeman was a Czech film director and animator, famous all over the World for his innovations in visuals and special effects. The Museum is well worth a visit, regardless of whether or not you're aware of who Karel Zeman is.

Another positive thing about Prague, at least if you're a tourist, is how inexpensive everything is, particularly the food and drink. Speaking of food, we found an excellent Italian restaurant called Tempo Allegro, close to our Hotel. Highly recommended if you like Italian food and who doesn't? 

For the bibliophile not versed in the Czech language (which I'm not), it pleases me to tell that Prague features quite a few English bookstores and so, I've had ample opportunity to add to my library. Its possible that I may review some of the books on my blog in the not-too distant future, though I make no promises.

All in all, I had a great time and would definitely return to Prague at some point. If you haven't been there, I recommend a visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment